Announcement: Data Vault Model & Methodology Certification Class in Montreal!
I just found out today that my good friend Dan is going to teach a Data Vault certification class later this month in Montreal, Canada.
Guess what? I have already registered!
What a great opportunity to learn about Data Vault from the guy who invented it.
Plus you will get to be part of an elite group of data warehouse professionals who are actually certified as Data Vault Practitioners -assuming you pass the test of course 😉
This is going to be the only such class he will teach this year in North America so this is a rare opportunity. The class is being coordinated by agileDSS in Montreal. You can get details and register here. Don’t waste any time: the class starts January 25th and there are only 5 seats left as of today.
So, you might ask why I am going to this class – “Didn’t you coauthor a book with Dan and help him with the most recent one?”
Why yes, yes I did.
So why am I going to spend my hard earned money and take time away from my current gig to fly from Houston, Texas to Montreal to take this class?
- Dan is my friend. I want to support him in his business ventures.
- Dan is my friend. I haven’t seen him face-to-face since he moved from Colorado to Vermont and I moved from Colorado to Texas. This is a rare opportunity for us to catch up a bit in person.
- Dan is some kind of genius. He invented a new way to model data warehouse structures and has proven its effectiveness over the last 10+ years. It is not often you get to learn from someone like that (live and in person).
- I can always stand a refresher course. I have not been in a formal Data Vault class, taught by someone else, in close to 10 years. I am pretty sure Dan has come up with some new variations, interpretations, techniques, and in-the-trenches war stories since then!
- I love networking with other data warehouse professionals in person.
- I have never been to Montreal.
- It’s a new year. Time to invest a bit in my own professional development.
- Oh, and did I mention, Dan is my friend.
So why don’t you sign up too and join me in Montreal? I guarantee it will change the way you do data warehousing.
And you get to hang out with me and Dan! Such a deal!
So go to the link, register, and tell them the Oracle Data Warrior sent you.
See you in Montreal!