Snowflake at Stoweflake
Every year the World Wide Data Vault Consortium (WWDVC) gets better and better! This year’s event was the 4th Annual and was again held at the lovely Stoweflake Mountain Lodge in Stowe, Vermont.
And once again this year, my employer, Snowflake Computing, was a proud sponsor of the event. This year I even got to help with a hands on workshop with our ELT partner Talend as we walked folks through building a Data Vault in Snowflake using Talend!
100 attendees got their minds filled and horizons broadened by an amazing slate of presentations given by great speakers from all over the world. Not only did we hear some real-life case studies from companies like Micron and Intact Financials (who have VERY large data vaults) but we even got to hear from someone at the US DoD (yes the Department of Defense!).
Then there were these mind-bending talks that challenged the most experienced in the audience:
– Measuring Data as an Asset (by Nols Ebersohn)
– How to get a DV project Approved (by Neil Strange)
– Uncertainty, Risk, & The Value of Information (by Brad Bergh)
And there were of course absolutely awesome keynotes from Tamara Dull (A Big Data Cheat Sheet for the Technically Savvy Data Professional) and from Scott Ambler we heard (very clearly!): Are You Agile or Are You Fragile?
What? You missed WWDVC 2017?
Well I guess you will have to wait for the 5th Annual WWDVC in 2018…
Can’t wait? You are in luck!
This year Dan hired professional videographers to record the entire event.
Yup, all the workshops, the keynotes, and all the presentations.
I have seen the videos and they came out great.
So, if you would like to join the elite group of 100 data vault aficionados that attended WWDVC17, you now have the chance to see and hear the same great content we all were exposed to. Then you can be the champion for brining Data Vault 2.0 to your organization.
You can purchase access to all the recordings right here.
NB: There are no refunds on this purchase out of consideration for those who spent the time and money to attend the event.
Here’s what you get:
- Brainstorming with Dan Linstedt (Inventor of the Data Vault and DV 2.0), Michael Olschimke (Co-Author, Building a Scalable Data Warehouse with DV 2.0) and Sanjay Pande (co-founder, LearnDataVault)
- Talend and Snowflake Hand’s On Session
- WhereScape Hands On Session
- Analytix DS Hands On Workshop
- Keynote I – A Big Data Cheat Sheet for the Technically Savvy Data Professional (Tamara Dull, Director of Emerging Technologies, SAS)
- Implementing a Data Vault 2.0 in the DoD (Cynthia Meyersohn, Senior Technical Consultant, Quadrint)
- Data Vault 2.0 and the Power of Metadata (Steven Mellare, Data and Information Architect and Strategist, Pepper Money)
- Software Defined Data Warehouse Using Data Vault 2.0 (Tevje Olin, Data Architect and Consultant, Solita)
- Big Data Vault at Micron (Mike Magalsky, Enterprise Data Architect, Micron and Chris Sundstrom, Principal Data Architect, IM Flash Technologies)
- Talend in the world of Data Vault (Dale Anderson, Customer Success Architect, Talend)
- Analytix DS (Sam Benedict, VP Strategic Accounts, Analytix DS)
- Data Mining in the Data Vault (Michael Olschimke, CEO, ScaleFree)
- Keynote II – Are You Agile or Are You Fragile? (Scott Ambler, Senior Consulting Partner, Scott Ambler + Associates)
- Agile Methods and Data Warehousing: How to Deliver Faster (Kent Graziano, Senior Technical Evangelist, Snowflake Computing)
- No DV is an Island: What Lies Beyond (Nols Ebersohn, Principal Architect, Certus Solutions Limited)
- Beyond a Hadoop DV 2.0 Data Warehouse (Sanjay Pande, Co-Founder, LearnDataVault.com)
- Business Vault Creation using a Rules Engine (Bruce McCartney, Senior Information Architect, First4 Database Partners)
- Getting a Data Vault Project Approved (Neil Strange, Founder and MD, Business Thinking)
- A Data Modeler and Process Modeler Walk into a Data Vault (John Giles, Independent Consultant and author of “The Nimble Elephant”)
- WhereScape Automation Enabling Data Vault 2.0 (Neil Barton, CTO, WhereScape and Paul Watson Gover, Senior Solution Architect, WhereScape)
- Data Vault Automation – An OnGoing Story at Intact Financial (Francois Trudeau, Application Architect for Enterprise Information Systems, Intact Financial)
- Moving to the Cloud, Metadata Driven Automation at Yale (Robert Scott, CTO, EON Collective)
- Uncertainty, Risk and the Value of Information (Brad Bergh, Enterprise Information Consultant)
The only thing you miss out on is the great food and of course the in-person networking. So put WWDVC18 on your calendar (May 2018) but in the meantime get started by purchasing the videos from WWDVC17 now.
Hopefully seeing these talk may even inspire you to not only attend next year but maybe even speak yourself!
The Data Warrior & Data Vault Master