Hard to believe 2015 is almost over.
It was a very busy year for me:
- Lots of interesting #AgileDataWarehouse work as an independent consultant. Worked on at least 4 different clients with 4 different partners. (and thankful for every one!)
- Recorded two online training classes with my good friend Dan Linstedt at LearnDataVault.com
- Spoke at several events:
- DAMA Houston
- RMOUG Training Days 2015
- World Wide Data Vault Consortium 2015 in Stowe, VT (the hills were alive!)
- KSCOPE15 in Hollywood, FL (great white party!)
- ECO2015 in Raleigh, NC (beer…)
- Oracle Open World 2015 (in the #Cloud)
- Did a presentation while on the road for the Oracle Virtual Technology Summit (VTS)
- Did a webinar for the ODTUG Leadership Training Program
- am I forgetting any?
- Wrote a guest blog post series on Data Vault for the folks at Vertabelo
- Got interviewed by the Opal Alapat for a profile piece on the ODTUG blog (thanks again)
- Went to Colorado a few times to officiate at several advanced black belt exams for Rocky Mountain Tae Kwon Do (Denver) and Blue Wave Martial Arts (Salida)
- Wrote a little Kindle book with tips for using Oracle SDDM (Sql Developer Data Modeler)
- Wrote another Kindle book! This one on Data Vault 2.0.
- Took a new position as Senior Technical Evangelist for Snowflake Computing (fyi – look for coming blog posts here)
All of that has entailed a lot of air miles! This year I have visited:
- Denver (several times!)
- Salida, Colorado
- Hollywood, Florida,
- Raleigh, NC
- Charlotte, NC (thanks to Lynn Winterboer for that one!)
- San Francisco
- Redwood City, California (Oracle HQ)
- Austin (drove this one)
- Minneapolis/ St Paul (thanks to Redpill Analytics mostly)
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Portland, Maine
- St Albans, Vermont
- Stowe, Vermont
- San Mateo, California (HQ for Snowflake Computing)
And that was just work related! Family trips took me to:
- Galveston (beach!)
- South Padre Island, TX (more beach!)
- Road trip to Central NY:
- Joplin, Missouri
- Hannibal, Missouri (Mark Twain museum)
- Chicago (to see robots at the Museum of Science and Industry)
- Sandusky, Ohio (just to sleep)
- Fulton, NY (to see my dad)
- Old Forge, NY (summer vacation in the mountains!)
- Huntsville, Alabama (NASA Rocket Center!)
- Who knows – the year is not over yet!
Speaking in 2016
2016 will be very busy with the new job for sure. I am already booked for a bunch of events. Here they are so far:
Data Day Texas – January 16 in Austin, TX
TDWI Webinar – Dymstyfying Elastic Data Warehousing (with Philip Russom) – January 26th
BIWA Summit – January 26-28 at Oracle HQ
RMOUG Training Days 2016 – Febuary 9-11 in Denver, CO (I have 2 hour deep dive on Feb 9th). Register early for discounts.
Enterprise Data World – April 17-22 in San Diego. Register early for discounts (by the end of the year for the best rate).
ODTUG KScope16 – June 26-30 in Chicago, IL. Register early and be sure to book the hotel!
Also likely speaking at World Wide Data Vault Consortium (WWDVC) – May 25-28 in Stowe, Vermont (TBD)
And many more to come! (watch my twitter feed for updates)
Hopefully I will see you at one or more of these events!
Wishing a safe a joyous holiday season!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
The Data Warrior
Posted in Data Modeling
, Data Vault
, Data Warehouse
, SQL Developer Data Modeler
, Tae Kwon Do
and tagged #AgileDataWarehouse
, Data Modeling
, Data Warehouse
, Kindle book
, Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler